Member-in-Retirement (MIR)

You are eligible for MIR, if you are at least 62* years old as at 1 January of the year of renewal, and not gainfully employed.


 A Member-in-Retirement (MIR) would be:

  • At least 62* years of age as at 1 January of the year of renewal;
  • Effectively retired; and
  • Not gainfully employed

"not gainfully employed" is defined as having an earned income of not more than S$36,000 per annum.

* Note: In support of the government’s plan to raise the statutory retirement age from 62 to 63 in 2022 and eventually to 65 by 2030, the MIR age will be raised from 62 to 63 effective from 2023. 

Benefits of MIR

  • Enjoy a concession on the annual membership fee (i.e. $50 before GST)
  • Continue to enjoy the existing members’ benefits and privileges
  • Get exemption on CPE requirements 

How to apply

1. Check if you can fulfil the MIR age; and

2. you are not gainfully employed (an earned income* of not more than S$36,000 per annum).

*Earned income refers to:

Employment income including gross salary, bonus, allowances, commission, director’s fees or gratuity and net earnings from self-employment such as trade, business, profession or vocation.

Examples of Income that are not earned income:

Interest, dividend, rental, royalty, charges and estate/trust income.


Applications must be submitted on or before the subscription payment deadline on 31 January of the year of renewal. Otherwise, the application can be resubmitted at a later date and considered for next year’s renewal

For members who want to appeal for early reclassification to MIR, they may write in to the Member Services Centre at


Log in to the ISCA eServices portal

Under "My Membership", click on "Applications"

Complete the declaration and confirmation

Attach your supporting documents

MIR Application will only be processed if application is duly completed submitted with supporting document

(i.e. CPF statement and/or income tax statement or equivalent for the past 1 year.)

Submit the application


You may appeal for early reclassification to MIR by writing in to the Member Services Centre at